Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a joint venture of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and General Electric. Penske Truck Leasing was founded by Roger Penske December 1, 1969. The company has grown substantially over the last four decades.
Today, Penske Truck Leasing is a $4.0 billion USD global transportation services provider that operates more than 200,000 vehicles and serves customers from over 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. The company’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, fleet maintenance, truck rentals, used truck sales, and supply chain solutions. The company employs approximately 20,000 workers worldwide.
- Penske Truck Rental, is an operating unit of Penske Truck Leasing and it has locations across the United States, Canada and Mexico. Penske Truck Rental provides businesses with commercial rental trucks to haul freight. In addition, the company rents trucks to consumers for do-it-yourself household moves. The company is best known for its yellow branded trucks with blue stripes.
- Penske Logistics, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. The company has operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Penske provides supply chain management and logistics solutions to leading companies throughout the world including dedicated contract carriage, distribution center management, transportation management, lead logistics, and supply chain consulting services. This subsidiary is also heaquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania. Marc Althen is the president of Penske Logistics.
- Penske Used Trucks, is an operating unit of Penske Truck Leasing that sells a wide array of trucks and used equipment to retail customers and to the used truck wholesale marketplace. The group sells tractors, trailers, trucks, and other equipment for light-, medium- and heavy-duty transportation applications.
AAA and CAA members receive special pricing on moving supplies plus truck rental discounts.
Military Move Discount
Active military personnel receive an additional 10 percent discount when you present your Military ID at pick-up.
Customer Satisfaction Is Our Highest Priority.
The Newest and Largest Commercial Truck Fleet in the Business
- 50,000+ vehicles, including cargo van rentals, moving and utility trucks, tractors, flatbeds, refrigerator trucks, aerial devices, trailer rentals and more
- 10,000 new commercial trucks purchased annually to meet your cargo moving needs
- 6,200+ trained technicians and maintenance personnel at more than 700 service facilities nationwide
- 100+ point rigorous preventive maintenance program for maximum uptime
- 24/7 roadside service through our S.O.S. emergency roadside assistance program
- EPA-recognized for superior fuel efficiency and carbon emissions reduction
A Truck Rental Process That’s Easy and Accurate
- Our call center for commercial truck rentals is open 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Eastern Time (EST/EDT).
- On-call rental service makes the right truck available after hours.
- We have more than 2,000 neighborhood Penske Truck Rental locations.
- Rental Express gets you in and out with your rental in minutes.
- Guaranteed reservations for multiple locations with a Penske National Rental Account.
Renting a Commercial Truck from Penske Pays Off
- Find commercial truck rental options that provide the best solution for your business.
- Get advice on the type and number of commercial trucks best for you.
- Save by renting commercial trucks for seasonal demands.
- Consolidated billing available for national accounts.
- The newest, best-maintained commercial rental truck fleet keeps your drivers satisfied.
- Read more about Penske’s commercial truck rental benefits.